A website chatbot is a program software program used on the internet to perform an online chat conversation through either text or voice-to-voice, instead of giving direct physical contact with another human being. Chat Bots are popular with people who want to have free and anonymous communication with other people all over the world. There are different types of Chat Bots that are available on the internet today. The following are some of them:
* Live Agents – This type of Chat Bot works like an actual live agent. It responds to users' queries by sending out relevant information that the user has asked for. In this case, it is crucial to select an authentic live agent over other chat bots, as fake agents are known for answering inquiries that are merely meant to fool other users and capture their personal information. This type of chat bots also saves time, as they can answer inquiries in their original language.
* Artificial Intelligent chat Bot – This is perhaps the most advanced form of Chat Bot. It is developed using artificial intelligence, which means it can store large amounts of information and use it to do its own thinking and decision-making process. In other words, it can solve problems that may be confusing and ambiguous. This type of chat bot offers the best solution for those who want a fully automated solution to their queries and needs. Because of its artificial intelligence feature, an artificially intelligent chat bot is able to understand human speech, as well as commands given by a user. As an example, if a user wants to know how many pages are left on a certain website, he just simply type "How many pages" in the chat box and the bot will give him a complete answer, as per his requirement.
* Button-based Bot – On the other hand, a button-based bot is usually found on the user's profile settings and offers the best value for money. Basically, this kind of chat bot asks questions from the user, receives and sorts them, and then gives relevant responses to the user's queries. The good thing about a button-based chat bot is that it is very easy to install and configure. Apart from that, this kind of chat bot also qualifies leads that it interacts with. Therefore, it saves a lot of time because users don't have to spend hours searching to find qualified leads.
* Web Search Bot – In this type of bot, a website chatbot visitor can input some text in the search box and it will search for the matching information in the database. As soon as the user finds the answer he wants, the bot will offer the corresponding solution. This works similar to having a virtual secretary at your beck and call.
* Instant Messaging Bots – These are basically apps that enable you to send instant messages (immediate messages mean they are after the chat session has ended). This is the perfect way to keep in touch if you are stuck somewhere and don't have any access to a phone. With an instant messaging bot, you can chat with your friends while avoiding missing out on important conversations.
* Web Based Chat Bot – These are basically web applications or plug-ins that run on websites. The advantage of using a chat bot over actually using real people in the same conversation is that chat bots are limited to the size of the chat session and cannot do anything to break the connection such as forcing a connection to end. The biggest downside to using a web-based bot compared to an actual person is that you never really know if the other person is a bot or not. It is easy to fool other chatters by pretending to be someone else.
All these three chat bots offer different kinds of advantages. The most obvious one is that they save time. Another is that they help you make more money since the number of people you can chat with at once is much higher than what you would get with just a desktop computer. The last one is that you never get caught up in spam, making you more productive and having fun while chatting. Some of the top chat bots available are Raindance, JellyBelly, and Microsoft Bot, though there are many others that are just as popular.